Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fall...Back to School

September was back to school month and I started two new programs. First I started seeing a new Physical Therapist, Christine Egan who is really skilled and she has been able to get me to do lots of new things. We use Kinesio taping, which is a technique to provide support and stability to my muscles and joints and help me learn to better control my body. I also have TheraTogs which is special compression suit which helps provide me with support and the sensory input so I feel my muscles. It's the blue wrestling suit I am wearing in the video. Both have help me gain more trunk and head control.





The other class I started was SNAP - Special Needs Aquatic Program. This is an amazing program that provides opportunities for children with special needs to get in the water, swim, exercise, learn, socialize, and play!  If you ever thought about being charitable and wanted to support a really worthwhile program, please think about making a donation to support SNAP. The program is run by Dori Maxon (who  founded it 20 years ago) and Nancy DeRoche (who has a son with special needs). These two people are amazing and have been really kind to me and helped me in the program. SNAP is currently serving upwards of 60 children a week and utilizes about 80 volunteers a week. SNAP exists because of the amazing kids who love the water, wonderful families who support them, and terrific volunteers who swim with our kids. So if you want to help you can make a tax deductible donation to: 


SNAP c/o Dori Maxon 
5830 Sacramento Avenue
Richmond, CA 94804.


Alexandria continued to grow and be really cute....




Auntie Marilyn and Grandma Florence and Grandpa Joseph came to visit and were really surprised at how fast the Gordita was growing both in length and girth. 





They brought us some outfits from China....notice that mine is a Qipao, while Alexandria got a two piece suit to better fit her "big yam" physique. I am just kidding...we know it's just baby fat.


I love my little sister....like Barney says,

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too.





No comments:

Post a Comment