Thursday, December 29, 2011

May Mayhem



Sisters

May was a busy month and we tried to get some routine into our home. Between little Alexandria crying and wanting to feed all the time and my busy appointment schedule with therapies and doctors appointments, we were lucky to get some help from Auntie Marilyn and Godma Yi.

Auntie Marilyn, Audrey and Alexandria


Auntie Marilyn and Alexandria

Audrey and Godma Yi's boob

We also had other visitors in May, Grandpa Mike came to help and so did Grandma Florence and Grandpa Joe.

Grandpa Mike and Mommy bathing Alexandria

Grandma Florence and Alexandria




In May we also celebrated Daddy's birthday and my first birthday!
1st Birthday
Daddy's Birthday


On the medical front, I started getting physical and occupational therapy through the California Children's Service and early intervention services from the Regional Center via Easter Seals. I am officially in the "system" which is a nightmare to navigate with all it's various rules and eligibility criteria's. Plus with the California budget issues, there is always hurdles to getting the services I have been deemed eligible to receive. Basically if you don't ask and escalate you may miss out. I am lucky that Mommy and Daddy are not shy to push the envelope and not take no for an answer. I just feel sorry for other kids who's parents are not as well versed in navigating the system. Daddy has had to reach out to the Care Parents Network for advice but ultimately Mommy and Daddy have to be my biggest advocate to get sh!t done!

I got my first set of orthosis which are called AFO's (Ankle Foot Orthosis)...basically torture devices to try and keep my feet flexed at the ankle since I have a tendency to go into extension. Suffice to say I do not like them.

My Pink and Leopard print AFO
Doing physical therapy with Mommy




















That was May 2011...many thanks to all our visitors and people who can over to help us take care of Alexandria....baby burrito #2


No comments:

Post a Comment