Saturday, November 13, 2010

Post Op Day 2



Today is much better...I am not as swollen. I couldn't pee so I was getting puffy and they put in a Foley cathater and I felt much better. Plus you have to feel good when you have a picture of Ernie on your diaper.

Last night I was listening to Daddy being very stern with the nurses when they missed my morphine dose. The nurses were giving it to me every two hours when required but Daddy was insisting that I get it every two hours scheduled versus as required so I wouldn't have to experience breakthrough pain. The nurses was waiting until I cried, so they missed a dose at 10:30pm and when the morphine started to wear off around midnight I was crying loud enough to wake Daddy up. When Daddy found out they skipped a morphine dose and then didn't give me any Tylenol as a baseline but left it PRN (when required) he had a very calm but assertive conversation asking if there was any clinical reason to delay my pain management....if it was Mommy...there would have been a fireworks show like the 4th of July. They actually had to keep Mommy out of the room when they were putting in the Foley cathater...if you haven't had one let's just say its not to comfortable and you feel it even if you are on morphine.


Here are a couple more pictures of me pre-op in the holding room before going into the operating room.









Oh no...I think it's time!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment