Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Don't we all have special needs?



I think everyone is worried that I will be "special needs" but I'm not worried because Mommy and Daddy always said I was "special" to them and Mommy told Daddy when she was carrying me that she was going to spoil me so I would have many many "needs"...like a pony, Mercedes SL 55, Tiffany Ring, Prada, Channel bags, etc.

I know that I am in good hands....Mommy and Daddy have already started getting things in place to start monitoring my development and arranging early intervention therapies. Also, genetically I am at an advantage...haven't you seen the size of Mommy and Daddy's heads? They both have big bobble heads, so I figure with heads that big I will end up having some extra brain matter to spare. So I am just going to lay back and relax.

Dr. Farhad the pediatric neurologist came by and examined me today. Based on everything he saw, he said he wouldn't have known that I had been diagnosed with PVL if he hadn't seen my ultrasound. All my movements and muscle tone looks good, but the key is to see how I develop in the next 6-9 months.

Tomorrow, the physical therapist is coming by to do an assessment and teach Mommy and Daddy some things they can do with me. No more skinny legs....I am going have some "Buns of Steel" and put some "junk in the diaper trunk." No Booty Pop for this girl!






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

wendy said...

Nice..she sleeps like a little Buddha..nice pose.

Catherine Al-Meten said...

Sounds good. You two are the perfect parents for Audrey, and you are both in my thoughts and prayers. Lovely gal you have there!!! We saved some pink balloons for her and a cupcake or two. We'll start from scratch on the cupcakes when she's ready for them....No stale cupcakes for Audrey. She's looking so alert and present!
Lovely girl, you are surrounded by love.

Post a Comment