Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Due Date

Today was my original due date, August 18. In the last 85 days lots has happened...but the hardest part is keeping track of my age. Up until today there was my actual age (number of days since I was born) and my gestational age (number of weeks to full term due date). Now starting today I have a new age, called Corrected Age = Actual age in weeks minus Weeks premature. So today my corrected age is 1 day old. The corrected age is used to track my development because up until today I should have been still in Mommy's tummy. When they start tracking if I am doing all the things that I should be at 6 months it's a fairer apples to apples comparison. So I got a head start on some skills like latching and sucking when feeding...it's like I skipped a grade but I won't get penalized on other things like sitting up when my actual age is 6 months my corrected age is 3 months so I get some time to catch up.

But it's been quite a journey so far and I've come a long way...like I said, "Look out world here I come!"



Can't wait to share more of my adventures with Mommy and Daddy....

No comments:

Post a Comment