Monday, August 2, 2010

Why do bad things have 3 letter names?

Mommy and Daddy were trying to figure out why bad things have three letter names...like NEC (necrotizing enterocolitis), KGB (Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti or Committee for State Security), CIA (Central Intelligence Agency), NRA (National Rifle Association), and now the new one for our list PVL (Periventricular Leukomalacia).

I had a head ultrasound last Thursday (July 29) and Dr. Chris gave Mommy and Daddy the results Sunday...I have PVL. Mommy and Daddy are meeting with the pediatric neurologist tomorrow to get more details. There are no outward physical signs that I have PVL...it just shows up in the head ultrasound. Mommy and Daddy will just have to monitor me closely to make sure that my development is on track. Daddy is already planning on getting me lots of early intervention therapy. Mommy is gonna be jealous of all the massages I will be getting with physical therapy...you know how much Mommy loves her massages...I think that's actually how Daddy tricked her into marrying him with his strong hands.

Right now there isn't much more details Mommy and Daddy can share with everyone. So while they are figuring things out and learning more, Mommy and Daddy ask that everyone just sends their positive thoughts and prayers!

I am now over 2 kilograms (about 4.5 lbs) and still growing. I think there is another 3 letter bad thing Daddy is battling....FAT!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

wendy said...

Haha...FAT...good luck to Audrey..

Post a Comment