Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Biggest Loser/Gainer Challenge!



My weight has been fluctuating since my birth day. On May 26 I weighed in at a svelte 880 grams. My peak since then has been 980 grams. For those unfamiliar with the metric system, one ounce is 28.35 grams. But preemies like me, our weight will fluctuate depending if we are getting additional IV fluids, TPN, milk/formula feeds or if we poop. The good thing is that I haven't lost weight to below my birth weight but it had been +/- 10 to 40 grams, that's up to 5% of my birth weight on a given day.

Unfortunately Daddy's weight doesn't fluctuate...he wishes it would go minus 5%. Since I need to gain and Daddy needs to lose, we've decided to have our first Father-Daughter bonding experience...."The Biggest Loser/Gainer Challenge." The goal is for me to gain weight before I am able to leave the hospital and Daddy to lose weight. We set a ratio of 1:5, so for every pound I gain, Daddy has to lose five. The official weigh in for me will be my birth weight of 1 lb 15 ounces, for Daddy we'll say 205 lbs. My goal is to double my weight by the time I leave the hospital so Daddy needs to lose 10 lbs or he has to buy my a Mercedes for my 16th birthday (that's what Mommy says...but I keep hearing Subaru from Daddy).

We shook on it...so it's on like Donkey Kong!

Mommy keep pumping....Baby Girl is hungry!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yinnie said...

Go Audrey! My bet is on you :)

Post a Comment