Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eye of the Tiger



My Grandma Florence and Auntie Marilyn came to visit me today and brought me this pretty gold necklace and tiger charm. They came all the way from Toronto to see how I am doing. Daddy's from Canada but he doesn't play hockey or lived in an igloo.

Daddy was telling me that this is the year of the Tiger, the third sign in the Chinese Zodiac cycle, and it is a sign of bravery. Daddy thinks I fit this sign because the Tiger is courageous and a fiery fighter and I'm have been kicking butt versus NEC...(cue music....Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger" ).



I haven't had any blood products today....my platelets have been good, they are decreasing my dopamine, I had a poop via my ostomy and I am peeing up a storm. I am feeling much better and can't wait to pull this ventilator tube in a couple of days....but that means bye bye to the fentanyl drip...maybe I can sweet talk one of the nurses to load me up with a bolus before they pull it.

By the way I am 1560 grams now....some of that is still extra fluid I am retaining but I am kicking Daddy's butt in the challenge. I am up 680 grams which is about 1.5 lbs. That means Chubby has to lose an equivalent of 7.5 lbs....good luck!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment