Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day



Daddy and I celebrated our first Father's Day together. I surprised him by having the ventilator tube pulled out and letting him hear my cry. When you are intubated, the tube goes over your vocal cords so you can't make any vocal sounds. Today, they discontinued the fentanyl drip (sucks) but I did get a bolus shot in the afternoon. I just need to cry and fuss a bit if I want some fentanyl....Mommy has been teaching me her tricks in throwing fits to get what I want.

I am doing really good, I am just on my antibiotics and TPN now. My intestines are working, I have stool coming out of my ostomy which is kind of gross....think of an earthworm pooping. I am also peeing a lot so my weight was dropping a bit but I put some back on and I am now 1410 grams (3 lbs 2 oz).

Daddy looks pretty happy in the picture...that's because Mommy forgot it was Father's Day and didn't get Daddy a present. So Mommy scrambled around and send Daddy an ecard with a voucher granting him a "wish voucher" that he can use anytime for anything he wants. I think Mommy is gonna regret the wish voucher and never forget to give Daddy a Father's Day present again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment