Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Color Purple



Now that they have stopped my fentanyl, I am cold turkey and sometimes get the shakes. So I got this purple binky which helps soothes me. Daddy was commenting to Mommy that there must be something about the color purple that must be soothing to kids because when he was a kid there was this McDonald's character Grimace that was this big fuzzy purple fellow that was Ronald McDonald's sidekick helping foil the evil Hamburgler. Then there is that purple Barney, who is a friendly Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur with an optimistic attitude...I guess the color purple makes everything just better and kid friendly.

I got my ostomy bag, which is like a camelback water container sealed over by my open wound covering my small intestine. Now Daddy and Mommy won't have to poop and scoop when I get home like they have to do with the doggies. I can't wait to meet all the doggies - Ewok, Wolfie and Sweetie (left to right). I am about the size of Sweetie the gray toy poodle right now. I hope to be as big as Ewok (lying down on the left) when I get home.



I got rid of the nasal canula so you can see more of my cute button nose and I am breathing on my own again. Looking forward to some Mommy's milk hopefully soon...it's been two weeks since they stopped feeding me to give my intestines a rest. I'm practicing hard on the binky, so Mommy better start turning up the power on the breast pump.

1 comment:

Karen said...

David and Jacqueline,

I am so thrilled to see her improve and grow. She is quite the little fighter. You both better get ready for her terrible two's!!

Love the Father's day story!!! Hugs to you all!!

Karen and Nazz

Post a Comment