Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Burrito

I've gained about half a pound in the last week....about the weight of a "Baby Burrito".

The doctors switched my formula from Pregestimil to Elecare (which is an amino acid based formula) because I was still dumping once in a while into my ostomy bag. They thought a formula that is even more elemental would be better for me so I wouldn't have to break down the proteins. So now, I am getting a continuous feed via my NG (nasalgastric) tube which is helping my tummy not get overwhelmed with too much formula, all at once during a feeding. Mommy said it's like the reverse of when someone says something funny when you are taking a drink and shoot water out your nose.


So far so good because I have been steadily gaining weight everyday. I am now 1790 grams, which is 3 lbs and 15 ounces....I've gained 2 lbs since I was born. That means Daddy needs to lose 10 lbs! Daddy says his weight yo-yo's between 201 to 203 lbs. I think he needs to be reminded to just get a "Baby Burrito" instead of the "Super Burrito" from now on.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol.. very cute baby audrey burrito!

wendy said...

This is really cute!!

Post a Comment