Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 1 vs. July 4....lots to celebrate!

I've had a lot to celebrate the last few days...so I am just catching up on my blog.

On July 1st, my blood cultures came back negative so my antibiotics were stopped....yippee!



And I got so excited when Mommy brought me a new mini blanket that she made so I could have something inside the Giraffe Isolette so it feels more homey. It's just the perfect size for me and matches the pretty pink preemie top that Max, Benjie, Auntie Colleen and Uncle Dirk gave me.







Max sent me this nice picture he drew of a cute bunny in a pink top with "I love Audrey"....





I don't think Daddy likes bunnies because I heard him mumbling something about if he ever caught me playing with boys in bunny ears and a cotton tail when I grew up he'd be very upset.

I also got to celebrate Canada Day, which is like the 4th of July. Canada Day celebrates the anniversary of the enactment of the British North America Act, on July 1, 1867, which united the two British colonies, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and a province of the British Empire called Province of Canada (divided in the process into Ontario and Quebec) into a single country, called Canada.

Daddy explained to me that today is Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, which celebrates the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 from the Kingdom of Great Britain.

But I think July 1st is a bit more special to me because it is also Grandma Florence's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment