Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just another day at the spa....



Today Mommy gave me a manicure. My fingernails were getting long and I was scratching up my face. You can't really find nail clippers for my small fingers, so Mommy filed them with an emery board. I am hoping that next time I can get a french manicure or get some pink nail polish.

Daddy was telling me that a nail is a horn-like envelop covering the dorsal aspect of the terminal phalanges of fingers and toes. Nails are also present in several other primates. Although not exclusive to primates, the development of nails is extremely rare in other mammels. Nails are similar to claws, which are found on numerous other animals.

Daddy also said that Mommy was once the Lamisil girl on a promotional aid for Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Lamisil is a drug used to treat nail fungus.

1 comment:

Yinnie said...

when you get older, Audrey, we can do spa day together!

Post a Comment