Monday, July 5, 2010

NPO - nil per os



Today sucks! The doctors ordered me NPO which means nothing by mouth...it doesn't sound as bad when you say it in Latin "nil per os" but no matter how you say it...I'm hungry and you can trick me only for so long with that purple binky.

As you can see I take after Mommy when I am hungry...I get grumpy!

Maybe I was gulping too much milk but some of it was going right through me undigested into my ostomy bag...Daddy said it happens to him after he has too much spicy Indian food or when he eats dairy because he's lactose intolerant. But because I am still little and my GI tract is still developing and recovering from my surgery, the doctors want to be a bit cautious and give my intestines a bit of a rest. So back on the TPN...at least I was free of IV needles for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment